Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations.
We are seeking an Operational Due Diligence Analyst to be based out of our San Francisco office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our organization.
This position is part of the Operational Due Diligence team which conducts operational due diligence reviews on underlying managers/funds including collecting and analyzing documentation, initial data review and analysis, meeting preparation and coordination with the Research Groups. The position reports to the VP of Operational Due Diligence. The candidate must have experience in alternative investment management, prime brokerage or administration. The candidate should be a highly motivated professional with an excellent work ethic, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Primary responsibility is to work with the VP of Operations Due Diligence in completing day-to-day requirements around new manager operational due diligence as well as existing manager monitoring.
- Coordinate with Research Groups and assist Research Groups with ODD related questions and requests.
- Participate in the diligence process for new managers, including reviews of manager documentation such as DDQ’s, OM’s, Regulatory Filings, LPA’s, audit reports, etc. as well as participation in meetings and calls.
- Provide governance over the Firm’s manager monitoring process on an annual basis, including initiating and sending manager questionnaires, reviewing manager questionnaire responses, coordinating the follow-up process, and reporting.
- Provide governance over the Firm’s annual audited financial statement review process, including coordination with outside vendors and internal teams.
- Completion and maintenance of the Operational Due Diligence data in Salesforce with all relevant information, such as firm and fund ownership information, legal terms, service providers, compliance policies, etc.
The ideal candidate should have an excellent work ethic, as well as strong organizational and communication skills with:
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in the alternative investment management, prime brokerage or fund administration space with some experience in reviewing legal documents, client onboarding, subscription documents and/or account opening
- Understanding of operational due diligence function, including being knowledgeable about legal documents and terms, Fund Manager policies and best practices, and regulatory and risk management functions within the financial services industry
- Strong reasoning ability (i.e., capacity to understand inner workings of different departments across the firm and how to interact with each).
- Exceptional organizational skills; strong attention to detail while also working efficiently; consistent, prompt follow through and meets deadlines; ability to balance long-term projects against daily tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain sound judgment and professionalism under pressure.
- Must work independently and take initiative, as well as be willing and able to follow directions.
- Must have a positive attitude, be flexible, and work well with people. Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and do what is required to get the job done—“no job is too big or too small.”
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Excel and Word) required.
- Proficiency in Salesforce required.
- Four year bachelor’s degree required
- Intellectually curious
- Independent and team oriented
- Solutions oriented
- Results Driven
- Detail oriented
- Able to problem solve
- Energetic, creative, and positive
- Collaborative and flexible