The Kohl’s Merchandise Analyst Internship provides a ten week experience for you to explore all aspects of running a multi-million dollar business in one of our Merchant Buying Offices. Kohl’s has around 70 Buying Offices. Each Buying Office consists of a team that is in charge of running (buying, pricing, marketing, inventory allocation, etc.) a category of business within Kohl’s. During your ten weeks you will be placed in one of these Buying Offices and have the opportunity to learn the job responsibilities of each role and how they work together to drive sales and profitability.
As an Intern you will be doing real work that will have an impact on the business. You will start by learning Kohl’s lingo and systems by attending classes and panels your first couple weeks. You will also learn how to read and analyze data to better understand your category of business. Once you get a general understanding of Kohl’s and what a Buying Office does, you will continue to learn about your category of business by competitive shopping, and presenting best selling products to your team. The last few weeks of your internship will be focused on developing and presenting a strategy, also known as a business plan, to increase sales and profitability for your business.
Join us this summer, where you start as an intern and leave as a Merchant!
This isn’t just an internship. It is a full experience to preview your life in a Buying Office. The internship can lead to a full-time offer with us as a Merchandise Analyst Trainee upon graduation. Imagine securing your career before graduation!
Location and Start Date
Kohl’s Corporate Headquarters located in the Milwaukee, WI area, but this internship program will be remote this summer. The internship program starts June 1st and continues to August 6th.
- Network with other interns – over 200 interns will be joining us at corporate this summer!
- Give back! Participate in an Intern Kohl’s Volunteer Event.
- Senior level leadership exposure
- Kohl’s Executive Speaker Series: Hear directly from senior leaders as an Intern
- Junior standing towards a bachelor’s degree (Grad date of Fall 2021 or Spring 2022)
- Self-starter, takes initiative to challenge status quo
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment that is constantly changing
- Strong analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills