The Role at a Glance
We are excited to bring on a Cyber Security – Supplier Risk Intern to join our 2022 Summer cohort.
This person will conduct more complex information security risk assessments on parties external to Lincoln Financial Group in order to ensure that information security risks associated with those relationships are within acceptable tolerances. In addition, she/he will help Lincoln develop new business and maintain existing customer relationships by responding to requests from external parties concerning Lincolns own information risk management practices.
What you’ll be doing
- Be engaged in participating within all processes that encompass a Supplier Risk Management Program.
- Learn how to interpret System and Organizational Control (SOC) Audit Reports, specifically a SOC-2 / Type-2 report that focuses on Information Security Controls.
- Learn how to interpret a Bitsight Security Ratings Report, which provides organizations visibility into another organizations Cybersecurity performance.
- Review Policy Exception Requests to Lincoln Information Security Supplier Standards, assess the compensating controls, and remediation plan, in order to make a recommendation to approve / deny the Policy Exception.
What we’re looking for
- College rising- junior or senior
- Must have availability to work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, between the dates of June 6, 2022 – August 5, 2022
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Data Analysis/Analytics skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- Understanding of Network Security (i.e. IPS, IDS Endpoint Security, etc.)
- Knowledge of IAM principles and/or Anti-Fraud Detections.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
What’s it like to work here
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU
- Potential to turn into a full-time position after graduation
- Receive ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Add value to the organization through meaningful work
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
- Gain exposure to senior executives and build a valuable network of peers, managers, and leaders across the company
About the Company/Who is Lincoln Financial
Led by over 10,000 employees Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Work from Home : Employees will work fully from home. Their job will not require the employee to come into the office, unless for special circumstances.