MAXIMUS TITLE: Sr. Counselor – Case Mgmt
ADVERTISING TITLE: Case Manager II
SALARY: $35,339.20 ($16.99/hr)
DIVISION: Human Services, North America
PROJECT: LA GAIN
POSITION REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Case Mgmt
Job Summary: The Case Manager is responsible for coordinating all services and helping to ensure that the customer is making meaningful progress toward enhancing education skills, preparing for, finding, and retaining employment.
Essential Job Duties:
· Provide case management services to a caseload of assigned program participants experiencing severe barriers to employment.
· Develop and use expertise to address special issues affecting participants who are on long-term Cash Assistance; have a history of sanction or program non-compliance; or ex-offender status.
· Consider barriers to employment in making program placement decisions.
· Provide job readiness screening and assessment.
· Assess participants need for Back to Work services and assist participants to develop Employment Plan.
· Refer applicants and participants to appropriate program components.
· Coordinate all project services provided to a participant.
· Refer program participants to community resources, including long-term and emergency childcare services; and provides follow up as to the effective provision of service.
· Provide employment counseling and job leads to participants to ensure job placement and retention.
· Provide support to ensure stability in employment and coordinates ongoing retention activities for employed participants if necessary.
· Initiate non-compliance procedures and follows up on process for participants who fail to meet program requirements.
· Participate regularly in work groups and committees aimed at evaluating customer needs, improving services, and implementing new service strategies.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree required or an Associate’s degree with two years of caseload, employment counseling or customer service experience, or two years of employment counseling or customer service experience in a GAIN environment.
· Comprehensive knowledge of and established relationships with the local employment market and labor market needs.
· Ability to develop, evaluate, and implement a case management plan meeting all milestones.
· Ability to work with customers in a caring and respectful manner and with due understanding of and consideration for their unique circumstances.
· Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
· Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
· Experience in marketing employers and working with business professional community.
· Bilingual in Spanish or Armenian required
*For current staff, Bachelors not required, must have 2 years GAIN experience.