You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial approach and start their journey of growth!
If you’re a current undergraduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness by joining Nestlé USA.
Here’s a breakdown of what the big picture entails for this program:
Nestlé USA’s Factory Management Development Program (FMDP) is a two-year rotational program that provides the opportunity for select individuals to gain real world experience and an understanding of Technical & Production at Nestlé USA. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this program will allow trainees to gain experience in various factory functions including Engineering and Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Performance, Production, Safety, Health & Environmental, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
Within the first six months of the program, our trainee will spend time in all of the functional areas listed above to understand how each of these areas interacts with the Safety, Health & Environmental function. Following the rotation portion, our trainee will experience a unique breadth of work within their functional area, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within their current factory.
As a Safety, Health & Environmental trainee, you will learn the production environment and coach to encourage cross-functional support and decision-making. Collaboration is essential to this role, as it will demonstrate your new business knowledge to deliver outstanding safety analysis and provide support throughout the factory.
You are the future leader of our business! This program is designed to put you on the fast track to a management position within one of our factories.
- Lead safety initiatives in the factory and coach employees out on the factory floor
- Improve overall safety engagement
- Help drive Nestlé USA health and wellness activities and encourage participation in key events and initiatives
- Support factory environmental roadmap creation and help drive implementation of key activities
- Ensure compliance to OSHA, OHSAS, and ISO policies
- Gaffney, South Carolina for duration program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science/Management, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline
- Completion of the required degree by June 2021
- GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
- Prior internship or co-op experience; manufacturing experience; student organization and/or other leadership experience preferred
- Previous problem solving experience with tangible results
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
- Comfortable leading people in various capacities in a factory
- Willing to relocate to any Nestlé USA factory after completing the program
- Able to work any shift, including second or third shift as required throughout program experiences
- Willing to work in facilities where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
- Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues
- Mentorship and professional guidance from experienced leaders and a training program designed to support successful project completion
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
- Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
- Relocation package throughout the program (for those who qualify)
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.