Please Note: NI does NOT petition for H-1B status from student visas for full-time or intern hires, thus cannot accept candidates for this position who are on a student visa and have Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
About this role
Sales Development Engineer is a full-time role within Sales focused on qualifying sales leads as well as driving new growth through identification of new business opportunities for NI. You will also be accountable for qualifying inbound customer demand and helping shape the future of prospecting initiatives by partnering with Account Managers, Corporate and Regional Marketing, and our evolving Partner Indirect Channel. We are seeking individuals who are driven and passionate, eager and able to build significant new business for NI, and motivated to maintain a high level of impact and activity.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to shape the future of Sales Development in NI. Customer engagement is key for this position, alongside an ability to utilize industry and application insight to build pipeline, generate growth, and maximize customer relationships by following through on transactional business.
Maximizing sales and revenue opportunities through B2B relationship building will be a new focus within the position. Applicants will demonstrate resilience and a passion to excel. The successful applicant will demonstrate confidence in sharing new ideas and strive to keep updated with market developments, competitors, customer demand, and new product lines to develop their business acumen, customer understanding, and soft skills.
What you have an opportunity to do
- Qualify demand and escalate opportunities to Account Managers to drive growth
- Balance your time between inbound sales demand, marketing generated leads to generate new demand and pipeline
- Work with Customer Service to resolve customer issues and provide technical advice
- Recognize, recommend, and contribute to continuous improvement projects to further advance Sales Development effectiveness
- Provide thought leadership and feedback on lessons learned to the sales and marketing teams
- Other ad-hoc duties maybe added as business needs change
- Develop industry and application qualification expertise to equip you for future Account Manager consideration
This is why you are a Sales Development Engineer
- You are motivated to provide customers with unique and highly valuable insight by understanding their industries and applications
- You place a high value on proactive customer facing activity
- You have a genuine desire to accelerate NI’s business growth
- You are energized by reaching out to new prospects and connecting them to NI’s Vision
- You demonstrate strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- You are proactive in pursuing sales opportunities
- You are passionate about establishing and building relationships through exceptional communication and customer advocacy
- You are committed to learning, development, and continuous improvement to maximize your impact
- You are dedicated to sharing your own experience to elevate the whole team’s ability and performance
- BS Degree in EE, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Excellent business and technical English language proficiency
- Strong desire to pursue a long-term career in sales
- Solid engineering knowledge and skills
- High level of performance while in current role