Apply for the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship – Account Analyst, Canada!
See below for details on the application process and internship experience.
Positions are located in Toronto, Canada.
See yourself as an Account Analyst
You’ll serve in a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of supporting the servicing of PIMCO’s institutional clients and Global Wealth management businesses. Your primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. You will gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients. You will gain valuable experience across the entirety of PIMCO Canada’s business, spending time working with both the institutional client servicing group and the global wealth management internal sales team.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2022 – June 2023
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English; Fluency in French is desired but not required
You’ll excel as an Account Analyst if you:
- Demonstrate strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Can clearly articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Are adept at handling multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Are personable and show ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Have finance/capital markets coursework, recommended