Begin a meaningful career right here.
Information Technology (IT) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear — we deliver IT to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT mastery to deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you’ll be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never imagined. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new ideas flourish and where your technical mastery is recognized and rewarded.
We are looking for an organized individual to join our team as the Global Product Development Systems Release Manager for P&G’s global production development systems. This role is located in Cincinnati, Ohio at our Mason Business Center. In this role you will oversee the software technical delivery from start to finish, managing and motivating the software development partner companies, business analysists, and application managers. You will lead the software development for systems that impact thousands of R&D, engineering, and manufacturing people globally. We need a detailed person who can lead the critical path schedule across number internal and external teams. Collaboration is key as you will be responsible for leading team meetings and a weekly operations review with the IT and R&D executive sponsors. Scope, schedule, change and risk management are all essential to this role.
* Responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling the software’s development and delivery process.
* Responsible for the Release Management lifecycle from Discovery to Go-Live readiness and includes scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, and preparation of deployment of release as per the schedule and within budget.
* Manage the planning, development, and testing stages. Work closely with Application Managers, system architects, business analysts, testers, and application development team during delivery. Consult with the Operations team as needed. Maintain proper coordination between these teams to update the project related information.
* Define the strategic usage of release management tools to manage and improve the delivery release process.
* Report senior management release status as directed.
* Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
* Coordinate the release schedule based on release scope, defects, outside dependencies, and infrastructure updates.
* Identify the risks and manage them, such that the scope, scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
* Monitor requirements development, manage milestone, testing, defect resolutions, and deployment readiness.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
* A working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
* The ability to lead a diverse team of suppliers.
* Good communication and collaboration ability.
* Strong decision-making skills are a must.
* Experience working across multiple functions.
* People management experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software development management, software engineering, computer science or a related field
* Proven experience in software development with enterprise software at a medium to large sized company
* Good leadership, decision-making, and communication skills
* Project Management experience (certifications are a bonus!)
* Experience managing others
* Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM) experience
The Value of a P&G Career
* Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
* We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you’ll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love
* We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care
* Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays
* What’s more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.