Investment Solutions Overview
The Investment Solutions team develops and executes liability driven investment strategies, including portfolio construction and repositioning to support the acquisition of new reinsurance business. These strategies must meet business needs (sufficient return on capital, regular investment income), while considering RGA’s appetite for investment risk, execution risk, and asset-liability matching.
Supports the Investment Solutions team in analyzing investment aspects of reinsurance new business opportunities. Understand portfolio creation to assist in updating model portfolios. Closely interact with inforce portfolio management to implement and monitor strategies. Work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Create transaction specific asset strategies to optimize return on capital within regulatory, accounting, operating and risk management constraints
- Develop and maintain asset and credit related pricing assumptions for new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain tools and models to creatively construct investment portfolios to support business development teams
- Screen new investment opportunities by assisting with due diligence, research, and initial review
- Act as liaison with credit, portfolio management and operations teams to coordinate Investments’ efforts on new business opportunities
- Manage implementation issues relating to proposed asset strategies
- Manage the hand-off of responsibility to in-force management teams subsequent to successful close of transaction
- Model asset cash flows and use results to support ALM/cashflow analysis of new opportunities
- Must be enrolled as a full-time college student at the undergraduate level pursuing a degree in Finance or Economics and Computer Science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Technology savvy, programming and process improvement/automation skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and SQL
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Python preferred
- Creative thinker and self-motivated
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.5 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $88.9 billion as of June 30, 2021. Founded in 1973, RGA today is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions.
RGA Investments is a global asset manager based in St. Louis, with operations in London, Hong Kong and Singapore; in addition, ReCap Commercial operates in North America. We drive value creation by managing over $76.1 billion of assets globally for our in force businesses and supporting future growth through customized portfolio solutions. RGA Investments includes six core areas: Global Portfolio Management, Investment Solutions, Credit Research and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, Private Debt and Equity, and Investment Operations.