The firm is looking for a State & Local Tax (SALT) Experienced Associate to join our SALT practice in our Indianapolis Office. This is a quickly growing group for our firm and will present advancement opportunities for a growth minded candidate with leadership abilities.
- Delivery of profitable SALT services to our clients that appropriately utilize firm and client resources.
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value.
- The primary focus of this position will be state income and franchise taxes, but there will be regular exposure to sales and use taxes, gross receipts taxes, employment taxes, credits and incentives, and due diligence reviews.
- Research and resolve technical state and local tax issues.
- Prepare technical memoranda, matrices and other client deliverables.
- Manage tax assignments and related projects.
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client.
- Review work papers and state tax returns.
- Participate in the billing and collection process.
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients.
- CPA preferred.
- BS Degree in Accounting.
- 1+ years of current or recent experience in public accounting or corporate tax department.
- Familiarity with researching state tax laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Tax compliance experience/background a plus.
- CPA, Masters of Accounting, MBA, or LLM in Taxation