As a Program and Project Management Consulting Associate at RSM, you will work with mid-sized businesses in diverse industries and receive hands-on client experience with direct access to executive management. Typically, you would be assigned to numerous projects per year, and work on several pieces of any particular assignment—not just one small part—and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment on what you learned when you are done. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our consultants perform at their best and advance their career and professional capabilities.
The Program and Project Management practice is part of RSM’s Delivery Excellence Center in the Management Consulting Group providing strategy, advisory and delivery assistance to help companies increase their overall efficiencies, effectiveness and improve the alignment across business functions and processes.
Examples of projects undertaken by the Program and Project Management practice include business operational assessment, software selection, mergers and acquisitions, business separations and integrations, complex solution implementations (i.e., Enterprise Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management, etc.) business analysis, process improvement, project management, change management, operational improvements and technology/digital optimization.
- Meet with clients and conduct management consulting projects based on client needs
- Plan and manage project scope, cost, schedule, and quality
- Monitor and control project execution
- Manage project risks and issues
- Assist business users, project managers and client leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects
- Prepare project status reports on consulting services performed for clients, delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
- Complete client projects effectively and efficiently and maintaining a high level of proficiency
- Travel to client locations as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Management Information Systems or other technical and/or liberals arts majors, or working towards a B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Demonstrated capability to achieve strong academic results in selected field as well as a facility with / aptitude for technology and business process
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to apply theoretical/creative concepts and proven practices to solve complex business problems
- Highly self-motivated and directed character with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Eligibility to work within the U.S.
- Travel to assigned client locations locally and nationally is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Ability to travel ~60% locally and nationally
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is required
- Working towards Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is a plus
- Basic understanding of project management principles, including:
- Scheduling and schedule management
- Scope management
- Cost management
- Risk and issues management
- Quality management
- Procurement/contract management
- Project monitoring and control
- Resource management
- Project communication management
- Basic understanding of business processes and concepts, including at least one of the following
- Basic understanding of technology (and digital concepts), including infrastructure, databases and application / enterprise architecture
- Basic understanding of supply chain and operations
- Basic understanding of human resources and/or human capital management
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting principles and processes
- Basic understanding of mergers and acquisitions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take guided action on it
- Data manipulation skills utilizing Excel including database knowledge
- Experience with software, such as Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, OneNote and Word
- Access to a vehicle for client site visits
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.