RSM’s Operations and Supply Chain Consulting practice helps mid-market organizations refine strategy and effectively execute operations to directly impact profitability, cash flow, reduce risk and enable growth. RSM has an exceptional career opportunity to join our exciting, growing and entrepreneurial consulting practice.
Our approach is pragmatic, timely, and solutions-based. Our team of professional consultants are hands-on and collaborative, working with clients to understand their operational problems and develop innovative solutions to overcome barriers to success. Our practitioners bring deep functional, technical, industry and project management knowledge across both operations and supply chain to each client engagement. We take pride in our ability to collaborate with our clients, employ proven methodologies, and draw on our broad base of knowledge and resources to achieve desired results. By investing in an outstanding blend of people, technology, innovative ideas, and proven methodologies – all backed by the integrity of our brand – we create a high level of quality and value not easily duplicated. Our desire to be the best can translate into excellent results for our clients.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. RSM professional skills and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Leverage your supply chain knowledge and expertise to identify, assess and solve complex business problems for our diverse client base
- Develop and document meaningful insights from data, opinions, observations, interviews and facilitated workshops to derive relevant solutions for each client
- Create models and client deliverables (typically in Excel or PowerPoint) to support an analysis and/or recommendation
- Support continued development of the supply chain and operations practice by networking externally and internally, creating proposals for new projects and developing marketing content
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships by fostering an innovative and team-oriented work environment to deliver quality services to our clients
- Conduct benchmarking research and analysis across operations and supply chain functions to ensure all solutions are appropriate for our client base
- Support engagements by effectively and efficiently communicating risk and ensuring clients are well informed on progress and expected outcomes
- Travel to client locations as required
- Working towards or completed a B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university in Engineering, Supply Chain, Economics, Statistics or similar
- Academic projects or professional experience highlighting aptitude with supply chain and operations concepts
- Highly self-motivated and directed character with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to apply theoretical concepts and best practices to solve business problems
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Eligibility to work within the U.S.
- Travel to assigned client locations, both locally and nationally. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use or reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Ability to travel up to 50-75%
- Working towards or completed a M.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Statistics or similar
- Basic understanding of business process and concepts in process redesign
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take guided action on it
- Strong data manipulation skills utilizing Excel, including database knowledge
- Experience with certain software, such as Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint and Word
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US – Experience the Power of Being Understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.