Title: Associate Solution Engineer – Marketing Cloud
Locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Indianapolis, New York, San Francisco
Start Date: January 31, 2022
Department Description: The Marketing Cloud Solution Engineering team is an innovative group of experts at the heart of the Marketing Cloud’s industry leading solutions. This talented team helps Salesforce customers and prospects develop and implement strategies to take their digital marketing efforts to an entirely new level. Through collaboration with the customer, the Marketing Cloud Products team, Professional Services and the Solution Engineers (SE) develop unique solutions that help our customers connect with their customers in new ways. The SE world is a multifaceted, ever changing environment where expertise in design, business consulting and technology is leveraged every day to drive innovation.
The Solution Engineering team sits at the intersection of Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Product. This unique perspective builds an opportunity for the SE to interact with the entire customer lifecycle. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of exciting challenges and opportunities to create compelling Solutions in the field of digital marketing then the Marketing Cloud SE team is the department for you.
A Solution Engineer at Salesforce Marketing Cloud plays a pivotal role in aligning innovative digital marketing strategies to technology solutions within key strategic accounts. This role focuses on partnering with clients and collaborating with internal team members and C-level client contacts to drive consensus on multi-product technology solutions across the various Salesforce product lines. Solution Engineers work on a wide array of assignments including business development, operations and IT strategies, as well as executive level product demonstrations. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance. The Solution Engineer focuses primarily in these three areas:
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and sophisticated business problems and using research and business assessment capabilities, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, define the opportunity set, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management: Bring rigor to a client’s decision making process by presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement.
- Connect Experiences: Demonstrate through software demos and rapid prototyping how connected experiences come to life with The Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This includes the delivery of executive level software demonstrations, construction of future state customer journey strategies, and developing long term IT roadmaps.
- “Solutioning” is fundamental to the Marketing Cloud SE role. It is important to realize that a component of the responsibilities will include assisting the customer, Account Executive and Professional Services team with the discovery, analysis and ultimately the recommendation of strategic solutions for the customer by delivering transformative pitches based in live product demonstrations to validate. These Solutions will demonstrate the Marketing Cloud technology to address the core marketing challenges and objectives that are uniquely identified for each customer.
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent degree and within 1 year of graduation: December 2021, Spring/Summer 2021, or December 2020
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas
• Proven success driving change
• Ability to work with a broad team across multiple subject areas
• Past experience in consulting, process design and optimization, and team dynamics a strong plus
• Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project lifecycle
• Broad knowledge of technology trends
• Proven experience leading strategy
• Understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
• Requires 20% travel