Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
We are Operations Communications, a small global team that operates like a creative agency within the larger organization. Our mission is to deliver world-class communication support to Global Operations achieving its highest goals for performance and culture. We strive to tell the Operations story internally, across all departments and sometimes externally, to our dealers and customers.
As a global service provider, we work for many different customers, which makes every project we work on, different. Through multiple mediums and creative approaches, we share stories about the people and the processes required to lead a deeply sophisticated global manufacturing and shipping network. If you’re up for the creative challenge, you may have just found your perfect opportunity.
Who you are:
Are you a storyteller, highly creative and skilled in multiple visual mediums? The ideal student has excellent videography, still photography and editorial skills, as well as creative graphic design skills.
This student will manage multiple projects while showcasing organizational skills, a high aptitude for critical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and apply a very high level of quality to all work output. And if that’s not enough, we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, driven, personable, professional and customer-service-focused.
What you will be doing:
- Produce, shoot and edit, still photography & video projects
- Create static and animated graphics to be used in videos, infographics, PowerPoints, and other visual communication tools
- Gather information from partners on a variety of visual communication projects, then coordinate and consolidate all information into well-written project summaries and/or story synopses
- Evaluate a project’s needs and recommend a strategy, develop a schedule and the best approach to meet the customer’s goals
- Develop script outlines from pre-interview research, write questions and interview story subjects
- Effectively manage project schedules, meetings, budgets and project parameters with little oversight
Ideal Majors: Film & Video, Graphic Design, Communications
Education level: Sophomore or Junior preferred
Ideal candidate does not require sponsorship after graduation
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign and Premier (experience with other creative design and editing programs (e.g., Final Cut Pro) is a plus!
- In-depth experience with video and still photography equipment, processes and technology
- Ideal experience in other aspects of video production (e.g., scriptwriting, directing, interviewing, voice-over directing, video and music editing)
- Ability to work independently and develop a story ‘on the fly,’ while interviewing, filming b-roll, etc.
- Broad understanding of the latest visual communication techniques and trends.
- Someone who uses creativity in all tasks and seeks to go above and beyond in all assignments
Your future team:
We are lifelong learners, believe strongly in teamwork and love to see others succeed.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we work hard to build outstanding value for every customer. While you’re with us we will empower you to make decisions and apply your analytical skills. And you’ll appreciate the creative freedom to engage in projects without the fear of failure.
We are proud to have an inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all encouraged to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.