Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we’re looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you’re ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies are currently seeking candidates for a Personal Lines underwriting class beginning in January 2022.
Starting Range of Pay, Depending on Knowledge and Skills: $50,000
Be ready to:
After completing training, underwriters provide underwriting support and service to agencies in an assigned territory and contribute to our company’s profitability by:
- consulting agencies with sound advice and decisions that will lead to profit and growth for the agencies and company
- managing territories toward successful results including profitability, growth and new business
- developing relationships with agencies, field associates and home office associates to foster a collaborative team approach to agency success
Be equipped with:
- an enthusiasm for learning and applying knowledge
- strong negotiation skills
- relationship-building and effective listening skills
- a business-minded approach and an interest in seeing work contribute to corporate success
- strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- detail-oriented skills
- organizational skills and a devotion to effectively managing time to maximize progress
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- ability to develop positive relationships with agency personnel and field associates
- a bachelor’s degree
- or have four or more years of insurance-related work experience and have earned an Associate in General Insurance (AINS) designation
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you’re new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Many departments at our Headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio, offer hybrid work options, empowering associates to work from home several days a week. Depending on your role and responsibilities, hybrid options may be available.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn More.