As Thrivent continues to expand into the broader Christian community, we are excited to introduce a NEW way for talented individuals to join our team of financial professionals throughout the Great Lakes/Mid-America Region. We are currently accepting resumes for our Financial Representative Development Program, created for mission-minded recent college grads with an interest in the financial services industry. Ultimately, these Financial Representatives will work primarily with young professionals, newly married couples and young families on planning for their future. This is a full-time, entry-level role, which includes fixed compensation, bonus and industry leading benefits.
Our mission at Thrivent is to help more Christians be wise with money and live generous lives.
Here is an overview of the program:
Phase 1 (Months 1-18)
· Obtain Life/Health insurance license and SIE (pre-requisite to Phase 1)
· Complete FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (Month 1-2)
· Training to help people with basic financial planning: Budgeting, Debt Management, Build Savings, Basic insurance planning and investing. Introduction to fee-based planning.
· Develop marketing mechanisms to meet prospective members
Phase 2 (Months 19-36)
· Begin to administer more complex investment advice
· Kingdom Advisor training curriculum: best practices in integrating biblical principles in financial planning
Phase 3 (Months 36+)
· Complete Certified Financial Planning (CFP) coursework to obtain the designation
· Determine Career Direction: Financial Planning Practice, Teaming with other FPs, Leadership Opportunities
· A thriving, competitive financial planning practice with at least 75 members by the end of Phase 1, working up to 200 engaged members by the end of Phase 3.
· Professional licensing and designations, including FINRA Series 7 and 66, CFP/CKA
· A referral-driven, fee-based planning practice
· Multiple career path options, including leadership, teaming or corporate roles