USI is one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the world. Something special is happening here with our more than 8,000 associates across the U.S. and abroad – and we invite you to learn more.
Unrivaled Resources and Support
The USI ONE Advantage® allows USI to deliver unique solutions to our clients. This value proposition provides unmatched growth and opportunity for our associates and, at its core, represents a significant investment in our people.
Unique Employee Programs and Deep Community Engagement
We turn care into action with our award-winning wellness program, college scholarships for associates’ children, and financial help in times of need. Our annual community service initiative engages associates in hands-on regional service projects helping hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Industry-Leading Associate Rewards and Recognition
In addition to competitive pay, incentives, and benefits, USI recognizes associates through our Summit Awards program, rewarding excellence in those who build our brand each day.
Committed to a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
USI values diversity and is dedicated to ensuring a fair, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all. Our diversity and inclusion program, “I’m With U,” advances these initiatives to champion our team members and the communities we serve.
Nationally Recognized as a Top Insurance Workplace
USI has been recognized as one of:
· Insurance Business America’s Top Insurance Workplaces, three years in a row (2018-2020).
· Business Insurance’s 2020 list of Best Places to Work in Insurance.
· Forbes Best Large Employers in America (2018-2019).
General Description: Responsible for managing day to day client service activities including, but not limited to, processing policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations, database entry and preparation of applications. Responsibilities may include aiding Sales Executives, Account Executives and Account Managers. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Check all documents including, but not limited to, policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations, reinstatements for accuracy.
- Analyze changes in policy forms and advise Account Executive/Account Manager. Responsible for technical quality control. Refer gaps in coverage, low limits and other account deficiencies to Account Manager.
- Communicate inaccuracies in documents to Account Manager when applicable and request endorsement from carrier making necessary corrections. Communicate forthcoming changes to client.
- Process all documents including updating agency management system, invoicing and delivery to client with appropriate documentation.
- Assist with Sagitta data entry for new and existing clients. Prepare applications and schedules, as requested.
- Respond to client requests for information, documents, and general insurance inquiries.
- Maintain renewal expirations, avoid any lapse in coverage.
- Respond to underwriters’ questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in client services such as issuing Certificates of Insurance, Evidence of Property Coverage and Auto ID Cards.
- Assist with spreadsheets and premium allocations, when requested.
- Prepare premium finance agreements and manage the process.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, when requested.
- Assist in invoicing documents including installment plans and multi-client invoicing.
- Assist in resolution of commission differences.
- Prepare proposals and summaries of insurance, as needed.
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service of new and existing clients through account development and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based on USI Core Values and Standards.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication to all in accordance with company workflows, procedures and best practices.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems. Adhere to Imageright workflows.
- Other projects or duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Property & Casualty insurance coverages, underwriting and rating concepts.
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Expected to further industry knowledge through courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products. Knowledge of Sagitta/ImageRight preferred, but not required.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.