Finance Accounting Technician
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Marion Accounting Technician opening to join our Operations organization in Mairon, OH. Marion, Ohio is the North American location where Whirlpool’s ONLY dryer facility resides.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounting Technician is a key leadership position that directs and is responsible for the day to day Finance operations. This position ensures that all daily activities within their scope are customer focused and performed in a manner consistent with achievement of the plant vision and its goals and objectives. This position is a key decision maker and escalation point for issues or decisions within your finance scope. You will collaborate with other support functions (Materials, Assembly, Human Resources, etc) to ensure they have their required financial metrics to ensure delivery of their budgetary commitments.
- Responsible and accountable for an assigned areas within Finance:
- World Class Manufacturing – Cost Deployment data collection – preferred
- World Class Manufacturing – Metrics monitoring – preferred
- Ensure that area job responsibilities are timely and accurately carried out and nurtures a high level of teamwork and performance
- Accountable for World Class Manufacturing activities and the execution of activities defined in that process while championing lean through daily coaching.
- Direct management responsibility in assigned area including employee relations, team building, performance management and professional development
- Demonstrate leadership through the development within their area to help drive daily work and long term improvements
- Assist in determining tooling and equipment requirements, SOX compliance, and daily, weekly, and annual financial needs.
- Ensure strict adherence to all Whirlpool manufacturing standards and methods
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills (Google, MS Office “Excel”, etc..)
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight and make prudent and informed decisions, often quickly and with limited information
- Grow individual and organization competency through proactive coaching and mentoring
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution and team building skills
- Strong understanding of Lean principles and methodologies in driving continuous improvement