Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
Manufacturing is at the heart of what we do at Whirlpool Corporation. The program is designed for you to experience roles within manufacturing. Our Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MLDP) focuses on Whirlpool Production System pillars, and internship experiences could be in areas such as lean manufacturing, quality, materials, and many more.
Interns are assigned to one of our five Ohio plants in Clyde, Findlay, Greenville, Marion or Ottawa.
Project assignments are focused in our World Class Manufacturing methodology and could be in areas such as:
- Lead scrap reduction initiatives, including project scope and timeline development, problem solving with suppliers, establishing standardized solutions and implementing changes
- Manage equipment / resource relocation projects which could include: redesign of current equipment or resources, working with suppliers to identify new equipment options and leading change management with impacted team members
- Design, develop, review and conduct coordination for test programs or components, small systems or processes, or materials taking into account customers, product performance, cost and quality requirements
- Focus on cost-savings initiatives across a plant including: standardized work audits, increasing first pass yield, scrap reduction, etc.
- Coordinate with business partners across functions, from Procurement and Supply Chain to Engineering
- Learn and apply Lean Manufacturing techniques to project(s)
Background and Experience
Minimum Background and Experiences
- Progress toward completing a B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management
- Sophomore standing or higher with minimum cumulative G.P.A of 3.0/4.0
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Demonstrated maturity and confidence to effectively present ideas
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships in a culturally diverse environment
- Self-discipline and ability to manage competing priorities
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to analyze and solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity
- Ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results
If you meet the minimum requirements of the job description, you will be prompted to take a behavioral assessment called “Plum” within one week of your application.
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time. Get to know more about our programs at https://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.