At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you’ll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we’ve only begun to define the edge of what’s possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
Build your edge. Build what’s next.
Join a community of changemakers, innovators, and doers.
The purpose of this internship is to prepare college students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
Zebra’s product software licensing team is responsible for process and solution expertise related to the development, distribution, and maintenance of end-product, embedded, software licensing. This includes a strong partnership with product development and the order management community to meet their current and future business strategies. In addition, the team provides technical and functional leadership in working through issues with other business teams to ensure the best overall customer experience in working with Zebra.
- Build a custom UI interface for our Local Licensing Server
- Develop code/software to support an LLS Manager User Interface
- Develop custom interfaces
- Develop bots to ensure alignment between databases
- Enhance existing applications and utilities with new features based on market need
- Participate in daily scrums
- Demonstrate modular functionality through Sprint Demos
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Must have an anticipated graduation date of May 2022
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of the primary work location
- Experience in the following program languages: Java, HTML, C++, Python, CSS
- Experience with Android, Apple iOS, and/or Windows mobile software application development
- Experience with Agile development processes using JIRE
- Familiarity with Robotic Process Automation tools
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in Software Development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills