5 TIPS TO GET STARTED
Welcome to the IU Kelley School of Business Undergraduate Career Services’ Passport Career system. This online program will help you to explore employment, internship, study abroad, volunteer and other opportunities in the U.S.and around the world!You will find extensive resources, guidance, strategies and tools to help you make your career move!
1) HOW TO ACCESS PASSPORT CAREER (for first time users)
- Go to www.PassportCareer.com
- Click on Register Now!
- On the following page, enter this Registration Key: inuniv77 (all lowercase)
- Then complete the brief registration form, making sure to use your IU address for your email
2) STRATEGIES TO USE PASSPORT CAREER
Click on the LET’S GET STARTED image on the home page (or select GET STARTED from the menu bar) to find guides customized for your specific needs and situations to help you get the most out of Passport Career’s system. Passport Career provides extensive resources, guidance, strategies, tools and support to help you effectively make your career/internship move!
3) JOIN IN ON LIVE, INTERACTIVE, ONLINE GLOBAL CAREER TRAINING WEBINARS!
Click on the JOIN A GLOBAL CAREER TRAINING image on the home page (or select GLOBAL CAREER TRAINING from the menu bar) to find a list of upcoming online global career trainings. More than 300 popular trainings take place every year on diverse and relevant, global career topics. Included is a highly recommended monthly training to help you get started, called Your Passport Career Strategy. Sign up!
4) CHECK OUT THE JOBS & H-1b EMPLOYERS
- Click on the JOBS/INTERN PORTAL Portal on the top menu bar to search over 3,000,000 jobs from over 90,000 global employers in 203 countries. We recommend you check the new postings 2-3 times each week.
- Click on H-1B database on the top menu bar to search through the employers who have hired others on H-1b visas. Be sure to sign up for the online training on strategies to land an H-1b job and the training to learn about alternative employment visa options.
5) EXPLORE THE DESTINATIONS
Click on the COUNTRIES AND CITIES image on the home page (or SELECT COUNTRY or SELECT USA CITY portfolio from the pull-down menus on the top right corner) and select the location you are interested in.
- For each location, review the Job Search Overview, local financial information, language learning resources, and local expert tips for getting started there. Check out the critical areas of Culture & Business Protocol that you need to master to make a good first impression. The Key Contacts/Network lists for each location have specific strategies to be more effective.
- The Top Employers section includes key employers in different industries that are interested in people with an international background.
- Check out the guidance, examples and strategies for country-specific Business Cards, Resumes Analysis, Cover Letters, Interviews, and Salaries & Benefits.